[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/247604738″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=’450′ iframe=”true” /]
Interview Recorded at the 3rd annual Phoenix Anti-capitalist Conference
Fresh from reporting from inside the Oregon Militia standoff, Alexander “Sasha” Reid Ross speaks with Sole on his work. Sasha is a co-moderator for the Earth First! Newswire, author, and contributor to Counterpunch & Its Going Down. His most recent book “Grabbing Back,” out now on AK Press is about the battle over public space. Sole & Sasha have a critical discussion of the Oregon Militia Standoff, its wider implication for the right wing/ patriot movement in the states, and tie it in with the struggle all over the world over public space.
Topics discussed include:
- Oregon Militia Stand-off and fascist elements that played a role in it.
- The link between the so called “patriot” movement, their white supremacist roots and a brief but highly informative history of the modern movement.
- The long term implications of Donald Trump’s electoral bid & the origins of the racist language he uses.
- “The Global Land Grab” and the battle over the commons and private property being waged all over the world.
- The interconnected-ness of the struggle between the global loss of urban and rural land public space.