Nablus, Occupied West Bank, Palestine – Two Palestinians were killed and at least 12 were wounded during a large-scale Israeli military raid on the northern occupied West Bank city of Nablus at dawn on July 24. Armed clashes went on for nearly four hours after Israeli anti-terrorism and army units infiltrated Nablus’ Al-Yasmina neighborhood and surrounded a building before bombing it with missiles and explosives.
Muhamad Azizi, 25, and Abdul Rahman Jamal Suleiman Sobh, 28, were killed during the raid; it is believed they were members of militant organizations but this was not immediately confirmed. Video from a Nablus rooftop captured some of the sounds of the fighting and scenes from the aftermath of the explosives as well as the funeral that followed.
“Today, the city of Nablus and the country and the whole world are awakening to a crime against our Palestinian people,“ Unicorn Riot heard from Nasser Abu Jaish, the Coordinator of the Factional Coordination Committee of Nablus, during the funeral.
The target of the raid was Palestinian commando Ibrahim Al-Nabulsi of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed militant group of Fatah, Palestine’s second largest political party. Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades has been labeled as a terrorist organization by Israel, the U.S. and some Western governments.
Al-Nabulsi evaded capture on Sunday morning and has been evading capture by Israeli’s top terrorism unit for many months now. Israeli forces thought they had killed him during a February 8 daytime attack dubbed by Palestinians as a “field execution” but Al-Nabulsi wasn’t in the car that undercover Israeli soldiers surrounded and fired dozens of bullets from close-range at.
Ibrahim al-Nabulsi (on the left with his rifle raised), the target who managed to escape (again) from the IDF during an arrest operation in Nablus this morning, says over the body of one of the two militants who was killed, “You won… you are in the grace of Allah now.” pic.twitter.com/YGfN6H8JGq— Ariel Oseran (@ariel_oseran) July 24, 2022
Armed clashes occurred at the Nablus building for three hours on Sunday morning and after Israeli forces managed to enter, they reportedly found weapons, ammunition and explosive devices.
Later in the day on Sunday, July 24, thousands of people in Nablus participated in the funeral procession of the two Palestinians killed during the raid.
For more from Palestine, see below.
Unicorn Riot's Coverage from Palestine:
- Clowns Visit Children in Gaza Amidst Rubble of Destroyed Houses - August 12, 2022
- Operation Breaking Dawn: Israel Kills 44 Palestinians Over Three Days - August 9, 2022
- Occupation Forces Repress Palestinians Fighting Land Grabs in the Northwestern West Bank - June 29, 2022
- Israeli Raid on Nablus Kills Two Palestinians and Wounds Many - July 25, 2022
- Palestinians Speak Out During Biden’s Visit - July 21, 2022
- Israeli Forces Suppress Protests After Court Green Lights Demolitions in Masafer Yatta - June 30, 2022
- Israeli Forces Raid Jenin, Kill Three Palestinians, Wound 10 - June 18, 2022
- Israeli Forces Assault Mourners of Young Man Dead After Israeli Attack on Al-Aqsa - June 16, 2022
- Israeli Settlers Celebrate Capturing Jerusalem, Police Arrest Palestinians - June 11, 2022
- Palestinian Investigation Finds Israel Responsible for Killing Journalist Shireen Abu Akleh - June 7, 2022
- Israel Kills 4 Palestinians in 48 Hours and Blows Up a Home - June 3, 2022
- Eyewitness Recounts Moments Israeli Forces Killed Shireen Abu Akleh - May 24, 2022
- Israeli Police Attack Funeral Procession of Palestinian-American Journalist - May 21, 2022
- Demonstrations in West Bank for Palestinian Prisoner’s Day and Jenin Camp - May 17, 2022
- Israeli Army Kills Journalist Shireen Abu Akleh - May 11, 2022
- Israeli Forces Clear Al-Aqsa for Settlers’ Tours - May 6, 2022
- Palestinians Killed While Resisting Israeli Forces in Silwad Led to More Protests - May 1, 2022
- Last Friday Prayer of Ramadan at Al-Aqsa Draws 160K Despite Strict Measures by Israeli Forces - April 30, 2022
- Man Shot by Israeli Forces During Land Day Demonstration - April 27, 2022
- Musaharati Dressed as Clowns Wake Up Citizens in Gaza Strip for Meal Before Ramadan Fast - April 25, 2022
- Israeli Airstrikes Hit Gaza, Iron Dome Explodes Missiles - April 22, 2022
- Israeli Airstrikes Target Gaza - April 19, 2022
- Al-Aqsa Mosque Stormed: Israeli Police Detain 400, Injure 153 - April 15, 2022
- Israeli Raids on Jenin Refugee Camp Leave Many Dead, Dozens Shot - April 15, 2022
- Palestinian Protesters Fight Occupation on Mount Sabih, Nablus - April 15, 2022
- Interview: First Ukrainian Refugee Arrives in Gaza Strip - April 14, 2022
- Palestinians Commemorate Land Day with Demos in Negev & Gaza - April 12, 2022
- Israeli Forces Stifle Religious Freedoms During Ramadan - April 5, 2022
- Palestinians Prevented from Reaching Confiscated Lands in Qusra, Gassed by Occupation Forces - March 31, 2022
- Palestinians Protest Israeli Colony Outposts in Northern West Bank - March 22, 2022