WASHINGTON, D.C. – In the aftermath of the U.S. Supreme Court rulings against the right to abortion and the environment, Unicorn Riot is streaming demonstrations in America’s capitol city.
Local officials in the District are preparing for a surge in demand for abortions following the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. They are relaxing zoning requirements for new abortion clinics and offering grants to facilities likely to be overloaded with out-of-state patients. Officials are also worried that a Republican takeover of Congress next year could lead to new restrictions on abortion. They are considering several measures aimed at enhancing abortion protections.
Unicorn Riot's Coverage on Abortion and Reproductive Rights:
- Richmond Abortion Rights Rally Highlights Intersections of SCOTUS Ruling - July 29, 2022
- July 4th Abortion Protests in Washington, D.C. - July 4, 2022
- The End of Federal Abortion Protections Isn’t the End of Abortion Access - June 25, 2022
- Dozens in Boulder Protest Christian Nationalist Group and its Spreading of Extremism - June 23, 2022
- Leaked U.S. Supreme Court Abortion Draft Decision Incites Protests - May 3, 2022
- A Fight to Defend Abortion in Brooklyn: Clinic Defense and New York City for Abortion Rights - April 9, 2022
- Freedom of Choice Under Fire in Ohio - Jan. 5, 2022
- “Abortion is Sacred:” The Past and Present of Reproductive Rights - Oct. 14, 2021
- Patients Face Daily Harassment Outside Planned Parenthood in Denver - Nov. 10, 2018