Disappointment could be heard from supporters of the #Justice4Jamar camp as the white supremacist group that shot five people last week drew relatively weak charges from Hennepin County prosecutor Mike Freeman on Monday morning.
Here is the criminal complaint:
For additional information: @webster has released a very large archive of social media videos collected from the aggressors including those who shot at protesters.
As winter storm Delphi arrived at the 4th Precinct, protesters braced for escalation from the Minneapolis Police Department. [LIVE video coverage here as circumstances permit]. Around 5PM, for the first time in many days, MPD configured large lights at the front door of the Precinct, pointed at the crowd, and scaffolding in the parking lot provided new perches for police to potentially overlook any attempt to sweep out the camp.
Earlier in the day, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges and others called upon campers to disperse, heavily blaming emissions from campfires. Full statement here. (Meanwhile the HERC garbage burner about a mile away continues to be one of the metro area’s leading sources of major atmospheric toxins. @snipy aptly deemed this “bullshit concern trolling” since they never usually care about local air quality.)
Here are some of the reactions from the community at the #4thPrecinctShutdown to the morning meeting which included the Mayor, Rep. Keith Ellison, clergy members and other ‘community leaders’:
The community at the #4thPrecinctShutdown, continues to be organized and steadfast, as it braves the winter conditions.
Unicorn Riot will continue to provide on the ground updates and uncut live coverage of the #4thPrecinctShutdown as it moves into December (amassing over 15 days now). For all of our livestream posts of the #Justice4Jamar protests click here.
Scarsella Trial Reportbacks & Coverage of Shooting at 4th Precinct:
- White Supremacists Shoot Five Protesters and MPD Attacks #Justice4Jamar Crowd - Nov 24, 2015
- “Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes”: White Supremacists Arrested for Shootings - Nov 26, 2015
- #Justice4Jamar Assailants Net Minor Charges; Camp Braces for Police Action - Nov 30, 2015
- Hiding Hate Crimes: Prosecutor Goes Easy on Attempted Murderers - Mar 15, 2016
- Bail Motion Denied for White Supremacist 4th Precinct Shooter - July 6, 2016
- Reportbacks From the Scarsella Trial (Ten Part Series) - May 1, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part One: Jury Selection, Unicorn Riot Subpoenaed, Opening Statements - Jan 27, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Two: “In hindsight it was very stupid” - Feb 4, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Three: Jury Sees Videos Around Mass Shooting - Mar 4, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Four: Shooting Victims Testify - Mar 8, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Five: Cell Phone Extraction Shows Scarsella’s Hardened Racism - Mar 13, 2017
- Scarsella Trial: Part Six – Defense Attempts to Discredit Protesters Using Police Videos - Apr 12, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Seven: Co-Defendant Waives his 5th, Testifies for White Supremacist - Apr 25, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Eight: Scarsella Takes Stand, Admits Shooting, Claims Self-Defense - Apr 26, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Nine: Defense Rests & Closing Statements - Apr 26, 2017
- Scarsella Trial – Part Ten: Scarsella Guilty of 12 Felonies, Sentenced to 15 Years - Apr 27, 2017