Minneapolis, MN – While unprecedented protests erupt across the nation, new surveillance footage has surfaced online of the moments before the death of George Floyd. The 46-year-old unarmed African American man was accused of forgery before he was killed by Minneapolis Police Officers on May 25, 2020.
The malicious actions of the officers started before Floyd was on the ground as seen in videos we’ve previously shared. In this clip Officers Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng, and Derek Chauvin can be seen appearing to violently punch and hit Floyd while he is in a squad car. Officer Thao stands by, watching, as in the same manner he was seen in other videos.
Body camera footage for one of the officers has been made public, however it does not display this portion of the encounter.
Please consider a tax-deductible donation to help sustain our horizontally-organized, non-profit media organization:
Unicorn Riot's George Floyd Coverage:
- Minneapolis Police Murder Handcuffed Man With Neck-Kneel - May 26, 2020
- Minneapolis Protests Police Murder of George Floyd: Day 2 - May 27, 2020
- Twin Cities Protest Death of George Floyd: Day 3 - May 28, 2020
- New Footage Reveals Moments Before George Floyd’s Death - May 30, 2020
- Minneapolis Protests Police Murder of George Floyd: Day 7 - June 1, 2020
- Owner Assaulted by Troopers While Protecting His Business - June 2, 2020
- Action at WCCO to End Media Bias Against Victims of Police Violence: Day 9 - June 3, 2020
- George Floyd Memorial Service in Minneapolis - June 4, 2020
- Rally and March to Defund MPD after George Floyd: Day 12 - June 6, 2020
- Nine Council Members Vow to Disband Minneapolis Police - June 10, 2020
- Denver Police Served Temporary Restraining Order Amid Nationwide Protest Repression - June 11, 2020